There is no doubt that Coco Chanel is one of the greatest icons of the 20th century, and not only for revolutionizing the world of fashion, but also for those memorable phrases that have become a benchmark in contemporary fashion.
Each of these phrases reveals her understanding of fashion, elegance and style and that, even today, they are still valid and as a reference.
It may interest you: We should all have a black dress and other fashion lessons that Coco Chanel left us
- “To be irreplaceable you must be different”
- “Fashion is not just about clothes. Fashion is in the air, it is born in the wind. One senses it. He is in the sky and on the road.”
- “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you have the face you deserve."
- "Fashion changes, style remains."
- "A girl should be two things: elegant and fabulous."
- Tae Woong had a 3D stickers making machine with cute pictures, slogans and beads to make them into shakers - TW s… https://t.co/jfSlxQFLKx— Blueness_Intl 💙 fanpage Tue Mar 31 13:07:49 +0000 2020
- "Dress scruffy and they will remember the outfit, dress impeccably and they will remember the woman."
- "A woman who does not wear perfume has no future."
- “Some people think that luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.”
- “Fashion has become a joke. Designers have forgotten that there are women inside dresses. Most women dress for men and want to be admired. But they also need to be able to move, get on a car without the seams popping! Clothes should have a natural silhouette.”
- “Decoration, a whole science! Beauty, a whole weapon! Modesty, pure elegance!”
- "One can get used to ugliness, but never to negligence."
- "Nothing goes out of style faster than a long dress with a plunging neckline."
- "Fashion is made to go out of style."